The 19/08/16 release date for F1 2016 draws ever closer; here’s what we know about it so far:
- Formation laps
- 22 player online lobbies, so all teams will be available to use in the league for the first time!
- Manual clutch starts – need to balance your revs and and engage the clutch yourself, have to react to the lights, anti stall can kick in and bog you down.
- Safety car – Full control under the safety car now, you can warm your tires and brakes accordingly.
- Virtual safety car
- Manual pit entries
- Updated damage model
- New wet weather physics
- Adjustable race time eg You can have Singapore during the day, Malaysia at sunset etc.
- 10 season career mode with custom drivers again
- R&D stuff for career, have to develop your car
- Vastly improved penalty system, this includes warnings and new 5s pit stop penalty.
- Pit boards, engineers now hang pit boards over the side of the pitwall during the races with info on them.
- New curbs/surfaces.
Videos are starting to emerge showing off the new UI and features as well as car models and tracks.